Let's Prepare for Tomorrow

I have been doing what everyone has been doing over the last few weeks, spending a lot of time absorbing the news. Some of it has been shocking and some have been downright inspiring.

We have everyone from General Motors to local breweries refitting operations in order to produce the things we need. MIT (and isn't it always MIT), has developed a cheap ventilator design in response to our current need. People with sewing skills are whipping up face masks for our healthcare providers.

I've asked myself "why now?". I mean I know why now,but why not before. Why didn't we have a design for a $100 ventilator before?

I believe that people are good. I believe that people are innovative. But we don't know what we don't know.

There needs to be a repository for ideas. A place where people can say, hey this thing is pretty important, or we could really use something that does this. This place could be accessed by groups like new MIT students, or scout troops, or Bob and Alice in their garage looking for something to do.

I would be willing to put in the sweat equity - but I don't know where to begin. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment